After a long winter inside, all Canadians want is to eat in the warmth of the backyard all summer long. This simple salmon dish is ready to eat 20 minutes after you walk in the door.
- 4 x 6oz salmon fillets
- 2lbs small newpotatos
- 2 lbs greens (use anything seasonal- fiddleheads, rapini, green beans)
- 2 large garlic clove
- 3 tbsp excellent quality olive oil
- 1 tsp maldon salt
- 4 x tbsp of Spread
- wash baby potatoes and greens.
- set oven at 350C.
- boil water for potatoes- enough to just cover them.
- add potatoes to water on high boil for 10 minutes.
- place greens in a strainer above boiling potatoes. Steam until bright green.
- finely dice garlic and sweat in a 1 tbsp olive oil.
- add steamed greens and toss for one minute until aromatic. Set aside greens and strain potatoes.
- keep skin on salmon. Pat dry.
- heat cast iron pan on high on stove top with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- rub Spread over non skin side of salmon and place skin side down in cast iron pan for 2 minutes or until salmon appears half way cooked when checked from the side.
- place salmon in oven for 3 more minutes or until light pink top to bottom when checked from the side.
- while salmon is cooking toss potatoes in 1 tbsp olive oil and large pinch of maldon salt.
Plate salmon skin side down with seasoned greens and potatoes . Pour a cold class of Rose. Sit in your backyard. Enjoy.